Sleeping bag straps
Wrap up your sleeping bag comfortably with Coleman Sleeping Bag Straps. All the strong, durable webbing straps has a non-slip buckle that holds tightly in place for a secure, comfortable fit. The strapless straps easily adapt to include a neckroll pillow or other additional gear when you are packing for a great sleepover, outdoors or indoors. They make it easy to access your sleeping bag and unzips when you need to use the restroom, so when you take a shower, your bag is already unzipped for you.
When you want to sleep, you probably don’t want to tuck everything underneath your sleeping bag. By using a variety of gear loops, you can keep your stuff stowed away while you prepare for your big night. For instance, there are loops for your blanket, a pillow, sheets and more. With just one strap, you can hang all your items for storage. Or, if you like, just roll them up and tuck them under the sleeping bag for safekeeping.
Coleman is a world leader in quality sleeping bags. Their styles and colors are timeless classics that will never go out of style. In addition, they have great warranties to protect your investment. Most sleeping bags offer some type of protection to the zipper, zippers, seams and corners. Here are some things to look for when buying a sleeping bag:
– Durable zippers. The zippers should be able to handle everyday use, whether it’s sleeping in the outdoors or taking a flight of stairs. The stronger the stitches and the better the quality of the material, the longer the bag will last.
– High Quality Construction. All sleeping bags offer some sort of insulation, whether it’s a wool or breathable membrane. Most models have fleece linings and polyester or nylon shells. Choose a model that has a long lasting zipper for superior protection against wear and tear and that has high quality stitches for ultimate comfort.
– Storage pockets. You should be able to find at least one pocket on each side of the bag where you can easily stow smaller items such as pillows or a blanket. Make sure the zippers are strong and open completely to avoid moisture from building up and disrupting your sleep.
– Reinforced stitching. Many sleeping bags feature an adjustable, fully lined bag. These models have strong and durable straps with reinforcing sides and bottom. The bag will be able to withstand repeated washings and will stay looking new for many years. Sleeping bag straps made of mesh can also be replaced with stronger models that provide additional durability.
While most sleeping bag straps are durable and long lasting, they can be subject to damage from zippers moving around on you. If the zippers are too loose, for example, they may slide down the bag and cause the bag to fall apart. In order to prolong the life of your sleeping bag, it’s important that you make sure it’s properly stored and taken care of. Although it may be tempting to throw it away after using, you should carefully inspect your sleeping bag to determine if it needs to be replaced.
– Store in a cool dry place. Direct sun is very damaging. It will make sure the zipper wears out faster and causes the closing loop to loosen over time. Store your bag away from direct sunlight and heat. A bag that is stored in a garage or basement will also need to be stored in a cool dry place.
– Check zippers. Even though some zippers last longer than others, it’s important that you replace the zippers often. If you see any wear or tear in the straps, they could be more prone to breaking. Zippers on a synthetic material can become brittle when it’s exposed to light. Make sure the zipper is durable enough to withstand the elements.
– Test hanging your sleeping bag. Before storing your bag, you should pull it onto a hook and let it hang. This will allow you to check for openings at the top, bottom, and sides. Some sleeping bags come with separate padded straps that allow you to test hanging them without removing the bag itself.
Sleeping bag straps are a vital part of your camping equipment. You need to make sure that your bag is properly secured and holds the items you want to bring home. With a little attention to detail, your bag will last longer and you’ll feel confident that you got a great deal on a quality bag. Remember, the zippers and straps on your bag are what will keep the things you love inside. Keep them working well, and you’re set!